Viral News »

    'Dancing With the Stars' crowns new winner

    Congratulations to Rashad Jennings and Emma Slater, the new winners of "Dancing With the Stars."

    Jennings came into night two of the two-part finale on the top of the leaderboard. On Monday night, he and partner Slater performed two back-to-back flawless routines that left the judges and audience on their feet. He first performed a flawless Viennese waltz followed by a funky freestyle that earned high praises from the judges.

    After part one of the finale, it was clear Jennings had his game face on.

    For part two, Jennings and Slater performed a cha-cha and tango fusion as their “24 Hour Challenge.” Slater applauded Jennings’ willingness to “go there” throughout the season.

    Bruno Tonioli called the performance “dazzling” and told Jennings he was a “rising star” throughout the competition. Len Goodman shared that was surprised Jennings made it to the finals and applauded him for making it all the way to the end. And fans will be happy to hear that Jennings is joining the summer “DWTS” Summer Nights tour.

    >> Read more trending news

    The duo earned 39 out of a possible 40 points.

    The pair smiled as Jennings took one more final bow with his new trophy surrounded by his fellow season 24 competitors.

    Monica Lewinsky rips Roger Ailes for launching 'culture of exploitation'

    Monica Lewinsky penned an op-ed piece in the New York Times ripping former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, who died last week.

    She opened her piece by saying her words are not meant to be another obituary for Ailes, but "I hope, instead, an obituary for the culture he purveyed — a culture that affected me profoundly and personally,” she wrote.

    >> Former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes dead at 77

    She continued, “Just two years after Rupert Murdoch appointed Mr. Ailes to head the new cable news network, my relationship with President Bill Clinton became public. Mr. Ailes, a former Republican political operative, took the story of the affair and the trial that followed and made certain his anchors hammered it ceaselessly, 24 hours a day.”

    >> Medical examiner: Roger Ailes' death was accidental

    She emphasized that their tactic worked like a charm. The Clinton-Lewinsky scandal hooked viewers as it unraveled, turning casual viewers into Fox loyalists. Fox cemented itself as the No. 1 news station, where it has remained for the last 15 years. Lewinsky also said that last year, the network made about $2.3 billion.

    Lewinsky called it “a culture of exploitation,” and she railed on the environment fostered at Fox News and other cable news networks that use titillating stories to drive ratings.

    "Their dream was my nightmare. My character, my looks and my life were picked apart mercilessly,” Lewinsky wrote. “Truth and fiction mixed at random in the service of higher ratings. My family and I huddled at home, worried about my going to jail — I was the original target of Kenneth Starr’s investigation, threatened with 27 years for having been accused of signing a false affidavit and other alleged crimes — or worse, me taking my own life. Meantime, Mr. Ailes huddled with his employees at Fox News, dictating a lineup of talking heads to best exploit this personal and national tragedy."

    >> Read more trending news

    Lewinsky said the firing of Ailes after sexual harassment allegations, and more recently the firing of disgraced former Fox News ratings king Bill O’Reilly following multiple sexual harassment allegations and some $13 million in settlements paid to women, shows that Fox News’ culture extended beyond the ratings game.

    “The irony of Mr. Ailes’s career at Fox — that he harnessed a sex scandal to build a cable juggernaut and then was brought down by his own — was not lost on anyone who has been paying attention,” Lewinsky wrote.

    NFL loosens up celebration dance rule

    The National Football League is relaxing some rules around celebration dances for players, according to an announcement from Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday.

    >> Read more trending news

    “We know that you love the spontaneous displays of emotion that come after a spectacular touchdown," Goodell said a letter to fans. “And players have told us they want more freedom to be able to express themselves and celebrate their athletic achievements.”

    The New York Times reported that the decision was made by NFL owners as one of several rule changes at the Spring League Meeting in Chicago Tuesday.

    Other rule changes include decreasing regular-season overtime from 15 minutes to 10, allowing two players to come off of injured reserve instead of one, banning jumping over the line to block kicks, and the elimination of one of the preseason roster cuts.

    The letter lists some examples of celebrations that will be allowed under the new policy:

    • Using the football as a prop after a touchdown, such as simulating a basket ball jump shot with a football,
    • Celebrating on the ground -- such as making snow angels, and 
    • Group demonstrations, like a coordinated dance move.

    Those approved types of celebrations, allowed after scores, are illustrated in the letter in GIF form. 

    Still, it’s not a free for all, ESPN reported.

    “In my conversations with NFL players, it was also clear how much our players care about sportsmanship, clean competition and setting good examples for young athletes,” Goodell said. “That is why offensive demonstrations, celebrations that are prolonged and delay the game, and those directed at an opponent will still be penalized.”

    So things like weapon imagery, such as a machine gun simulation, or sexually suggestive acts -- like Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Antonio Brown’s end zone twerking, are still things that can be penalized.

    The strategy may lessen the number of unsportsmanlike-conduct penalties called on touchdowns. According to ESPN, the 2016 season had the highest number of penalties of the past five seasons with 29 called. Of the past three seasons, it has the highest cost of fines for touchdown celebrations at $310,301, up more than $240,000 from the 2015 season.

    Manchester explosion: Here’s what we know about the victims

    Authorities continue  to sort out what happened Monday night when a man who police believe was a suicide bomber detonated an explosive device outside an arena in Manchester, England.

    The explosion happened moments after the conclusion of a concert by pop star Ariana Grande.

    At least 22 have been confirmed dead and 59 injured as of 2:30 a.m. ET Tuesday.

    Here's what we know now about some of the victims:

    Amanda Seyfried is in love with being mom

    In March, Amanda Seyfried and husband, Thomas Sadoski, welcomed their first daughter together.

    >> Read more trending news

    And it’s been a dream come true for the new mother, according to a red carpet interview with E! Online.

    “Man, I love being a mother... I love my family so much. I couldn’t, like, be more in awe of my life right now,” she told a reporter from the website at the debut for the “Twin Peaks” relaunch.

    >> RELATED: It’s a girl for Amanda Seyfried and Thomas Sadoski, who just welcomed their first child together

    One question is on everyone’s mind: When will we see the baby? Seyfried, of “Mean Girls,” “Mamma Mia!,” “Veronica Mars” and “Twin Peaks” stardom, has always kept her private life just that: private.

    Even her wedding was witnessed by just a minister and her dog.

    It seems as if it might be some time before we see pictures of her daughter, whose name we don’t even know yet. E! asked when to expect her to debut their baby, she said “I probably never will. I probably never will. She’s a secret.”

    Entertainment News »

    'Dancing With the Stars' crowns new winner

    Congratulations to Rashad Jennings and Emma Slater, the new winners of "Dancing With the Stars."

    Jennings came into night two of the two-part finale on the top of the leaderboard. On Monday night, he and partner Slater performed two back-to-back flawless routines that left the judges and audience on their feet. He first performed a flawless Viennese waltz followed by a funky freestyle that earned high praises from the judges.

    After part one of the finale, it was clear Jennings had his game face on.

    For part two, Jennings and Slater performed a cha-cha and tango fusion as their “24 Hour Challenge.” Slater applauded Jennings’ willingness to “go there” throughout the season.

    Bruno Tonioli called the performance “dazzling” and told Jennings he was a “rising star” throughout the competition. Len Goodman shared that was surprised Jennings made it to the finals and applauded him for making it all the way to the end. And fans will be happy to hear that Jennings is joining the summer “DWTS” Summer Nights tour.

    >> Read more trending news

    The duo earned 39 out of a possible 40 points.

    The pair smiled as Jennings took one more final bow with his new trophy surrounded by his fellow season 24 competitors.

    Monica Lewinsky rips Roger Ailes for launching 'culture of exploitation'

    Monica Lewinsky penned an op-ed piece in the New York Times ripping former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, who died last week.

    She opened her piece by saying her words are not meant to be another obituary for Ailes, but "I hope, instead, an obituary for the culture he purveyed — a culture that affected me profoundly and personally,” she wrote.

    >> Former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes dead at 77

    She continued, “Just two years after Rupert Murdoch appointed Mr. Ailes to head the new cable news network, my relationship with President Bill Clinton became public. Mr. Ailes, a former Republican political operative, took the story of the affair and the trial that followed and made certain his anchors hammered it ceaselessly, 24 hours a day.”

    >> Medical examiner: Roger Ailes' death was accidental

    She emphasized that their tactic worked like a charm. The Clinton-Lewinsky scandal hooked viewers as it unraveled, turning casual viewers into Fox loyalists. Fox cemented itself as the No. 1 news station, where it has remained for the last 15 years. Lewinsky also said that last year, the network made about $2.3 billion.

    Lewinsky called it “a culture of exploitation,” and she railed on the environment fostered at Fox News and other cable news networks that use titillating stories to drive ratings.

    "Their dream was my nightmare. My character, my looks and my life were picked apart mercilessly,” Lewinsky wrote. “Truth and fiction mixed at random in the service of higher ratings. My family and I huddled at home, worried about my going to jail — I was the original target of Kenneth Starr’s investigation, threatened with 27 years for having been accused of signing a false affidavit and other alleged crimes — or worse, me taking my own life. Meantime, Mr. Ailes huddled with his employees at Fox News, dictating a lineup of talking heads to best exploit this personal and national tragedy."

    >> Read more trending news

    Lewinsky said the firing of Ailes after sexual harassment allegations, and more recently the firing of disgraced former Fox News ratings king Bill O’Reilly following multiple sexual harassment allegations and some $13 million in settlements paid to women, shows that Fox News’ culture extended beyond the ratings game.

    “The irony of Mr. Ailes’s career at Fox — that he harnessed a sex scandal to build a cable juggernaut and then was brought down by his own — was not lost on anyone who has been paying attention,” Lewinsky wrote.

    Netflix nabs Lupita Nyong’o, Rihanna film pitched by Twitter users

    It’s happening! Netflix just scored a deal to produce a movie starring Rihanna and Lupita Nyong’o -- a concept created by Black Twitter. 

    >> Read more trending news

    According to Entertainment Weekly, the project was just made official during a negotiation session at the Cannes Film Festival this week, but the idea originally started brewing on social media in April. 

    It began when one Twitter user posted a photo of the stars at a 2014 fashion show with the caption, “They look like they’re in a heist movie with Rihanna as the tough-as-nails leader/master thief and Lupita as the genius computer hacker.”

    » RELATED: Did Lupita Nyong’o and Rihanna just greenlight a film created by #BlackTwitter? 

    Nyong’o quoted the tweet and tagged Rihanna, saying, “I'm down if you are @rihanna.”

    “I’m in Pit’z,” Rihanna replied

    When other tweeps caught wind of the idea, they recruited Ava DuVernay as the director and Issa Rae as the screenwriter. 

    Now, the plan is actually coming to fruition. 

    There is no word on the flick’s final storyline, but production is set to begin in 2018, and the crew is thrilled. Check out DuVernay’s response below. 

    Tom Cruise reveals 'Top Gun 2' to start filming soon

    The Danger Zone may have gotten old and dusty, but Tom Cruise says he's about to fly back in.

    The 54-year-old actor says the long-discussed sequel to "Top Gun" is a sure thing and should start shooting soon.

    Cruise made the announcement Wednesday in response to questions from anchors on the Australian morning news show "Sunrise."

    The actor said filming will likely begin within the next year. He added, "It's definitely happening."

    Cruise has said in similar interviews that the film was in development and a strong possibility, but has not offered such clear confirmation.

    The 1986 Reagan-era flyboy epic propelled Cruise to superstar status.

    Jerry Bruckheimer, producer of the original, had been dropping hints too. He posted a picture of himself and Cruise on Saturday's 31st anniversary of the original's release.

    Tom Cruise confirms ‘Top Gun’ sequel is in the works

    It’s official and straight from Maverick’s mouth.

    Despite reports about a sequel to the 1986 Naval airplane action/drama film circling for years, Tom Cruise has not confirmed it’s happening until he was asked about it on “Sunrise,” Australia's morning talk show Wednesday local time.

    >> Read more trending news

    “It's true, yeah it's true,” Cruise said. “You know what? I'm going to start filming it probably in the next year. I know. It's happening. It is definitely happening.”

    Cruise is in Sydney promoting is upcoming movie, “The Mummy.”

    “You're the first people that I've really said it (to), he said. “This is going to happen.”

    In 2016, Cruise addressed rumors about a sequel on the U.K.’s “The Graham Norton Show.” At the time, when host Norton asked, Cruise said “no.” When pressed further and asked about a tweet teasing “Top Gun 2” from “Top Gun” producer Jerry Bruckheimer, he said, “Yes, we’re discussing it.”

    It looks like the discussions went well.

    “Top Gun” celebrated its 31st anniversary in the U.S.  May 16.